Welcome to the
Desert Vista High School
Women's Volleyball program.
2014 & 2015 BACK TO BACK DIVISION I STATE CHAMPIONS! WE ARE THUNDER!
If you are interested in trying out for the volleyball team in August at DV, summer weight training/open gym registration, please use Coach C's Registration Form to sign-up. Sign up for August Boot Camp will also be posted shortly on the district website. All athletes must have completed a physical AFTER 3/1/18 and submit through registermyathlete.com to be CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE in summer training. Open gyms and Friday runs are for those players who have signed up and participate in Coach C's summer weight training class and are trying out in August. All clearance steps must be completed before Boot Camp to be eligible to participate. Concussion testing is also required and will be offered through June and it will require athletes to schedule appointments to complete with our trainers. Summer calendar will be completed soon.
On-Line Tax Credit Donations
$400 TAX CREDIT DONATIONS! See tax credit link for forms to submit to the bookstore.
The Tempe Union High School District now has an on-line form to allow you to submit your Tax Credit Donations designated for "DV GIRLS VOLLEYBALL" in memo line. Tax credit monies are used towards supporting the volleyball program through the following: banquet meals for players only, per diem for travel out of state for players only, payment to assistant coaches, practice shirts/warm up shirts, back packs, socks etc. Parents can also choose to use tax credit to pay for their daughter's portion for fund raising contribution or you can choose to fund raise instead.
Our Twitter Page
Here's the link to our Twitter and Facebook page: Coming soon!
Mission and Vision
Desert Vista is a recognized and well respected volleyball program in the state of Arizona. The success of our program is a direct reflection of the hard work our players put in during the season as well as in the off season. You can expect success that is measured beyond the win-loss record. Success is within the journey as much as it is about reaching the destination. Our success is about uniting a group of individuals to pursue a common goal and overcoming individual differences in order for the team to achieve its potential. Success of the athlete excelling on a personal level on the court as well as off the court by being a part of something bigger than the individual. Our success is about teaching life skills through sports that are necessary to be a winner. The expectations are high for Desert Vista volleyball players. Being on the Desert Vista Volleyball team is a commitment to hard work and dedication that requires the selection of athletes who "bring something special to the court and their team".
A Few of Our Accomplishments:
- 2014 & 2015 Division I State Champions!
- Ranked #1 in the country by Max Preps November, 2015
- Ranked #2 in the country by Max Preps November 13, 2014
- Coach West named Big School Coach of the Year 2014
- Jenna Tunnell is DV's first Gatorade Player of the Year and AZ Dairymen's All American
- Ranked #8 in the country by Prep Volleyball November, 2014
- Arizona 5A Semi Finalist/3rd place finish 2010
- Arizona 5A State Runner Up: 2004, 2008
- Coach West named Tribune's East Valley 5A Coach of the Year: 2004
- Qualified for state tournament: 1998-2001, 2003-2016
- 5A State Playoff Finishes:
2nd place (2004, 2008),
5th place (1999, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016)
- Ranked 9th in the nation by vball.com: 2000
- Coach West voted Central Region Coach of the Year: 1998 and 2001
- Coach West selected ESPN.com coach of the week: October 2000
Send comments to
Hosted at The Small Business Authority