Welcome to the
Desert Vista High School
Women's Volleyball program.
Thunder Volleyball BOOT CAMP/OPEN GYM August 5th-7th 2014! If you are interested in trying out for a position on a team, go to the Camps page to register. MUST BE CLEARED THROUGH ATHLETIC OFFICE! Be sure to go on line through school website and complete the athletic clearance process before boot camp. You will need to confirm with our athletic assistant Ms. Slavin that you are completely cleared. If you are not cleared, you cannot participate! As of today, (8/1) only 17 of 58 players registered for boot camp are cleared.
Congratulations to Hailey Harward and Olivia Fairchild! Hailey Harward has been selected to the USA HP Youth National Team as the Libero and will train at the USA Olympic Center in Colorado then compete in June! Olivia Fairchild has been selected to play for the USA HP A1 Team that will train and compete in July in Tulsa, OK. Jenna Tunnell has been selected to the A1 Beach National Team! She will be competing in southern California in June. Great job ladies! Thunder Proud!
Congratulations to the following players who have committed to play volleyball in college.
Rachael Kramer: University of Florida, Florida
Matisse Monty: Wingate, North Carolina
Kirstyn Sperry: Bryant University, Rhode Island
Jenna Tunnell: Pepperdine, California (indoor and beach)
On-Line Tax Credit Donations
The Tempe Union High School District now has an on-line form to allow you to submit your Tax Credit Donations.
Mission and Vision
Desert Vista is a recognized and well respected volleyball program in the state of Arizona. The success of our program is a direct reflection of the hard work our players put in during the season as well as in the off season. You can expect success that is measured beyond the win-loss record. Success is within the journey as much as it is about reaching the destination. Our success is about uniting a group of individuals to pursue a common goal and overcoming individual differences in order for the team to achieve its potential. Success of the athlete excelling on a personal level on the court as well as off the court by being a part of something bigger than the individual. Our success is about teaching life skills through sports that are necessary to be a winner. The expectations are high for Desert Vista volleyball players. Being on the Desert Vista Volleyball team is a commitment to hard work and dedication that requires the selection of athletes who "bring something special to the court and their team".
- Arizona 5A Semi Finalist/3rd place finish 2010
- Arizona 5A State Runner Up: 2004, 2008
- Coach West named Tribune's East Valley 5A Coach of the Year: 2004
- American Volleyball Coaches Association All Academic Team Award 2003-2006
- Central Region Champions: 1999-2001
- Central Region Runner Up: 1998, 2002-2005, 2007
- Qualified for state tournament: 1998-2001, 2003-2013
- Ranked in the top 10 teams in the 5A state rankings:
- 5A State Playoff Finishes:
2nd place (2004, 2008),
5th place (1999, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Ranked 9th in the nation by vball.com: 2000
- Coach West voted Central Region Coach of the Year: 1998 and 2001
- Coach West selected ESPN.com coach of the week: October 2000
- Fiesta Region Player of the Year:
2009 (Betsi Metter)
- Central Region Player of the Year:
2007 (Abby Simmons),
2003 (Leah Lathrop),
2001 (Renee Lathrop),
2000 (Nicki King)
- All-Arizona Player:
2008 & 2009 (Betsi Metter),
2007 (Abby Simmons)
- East Valley Tribune Player of the Year: 2007 (Abby Simmons)
- AZ Republic Southeast Valley Player of the Year: 2008 (Betsi Metter)
Send comments to
Hosted at The Small Business Authority